Hitting the gym requires cash and commitment than we care for, but gyms aren’t totally necessary, if you want to stay fit and healthy! Have you even tried walking?
Lose Weight by Walking!
Yes! Walk your way to fitness! Fortunately, walking is a great form of physical activity and relatively easy to do, its not only free, its low risk and accessible to many! In fact, walking isn’t just good for you — it’s one of the easiest forms of exercise to incorporate into your day-to-day life.
Many go out of their way to avoid it..
Admit it, you always take your car out for short trips! Oh and, how many of you spent five minutes just driving around in search of a parking spot? and not to mention you live right next door to the gym, and you drive there! Lol
Health benefits of walking
Half an hour of daily walking can be hugely beneficial to your health. Just 30 minutes a day for a week can make a huge difference..
It’s one of the simplest, easiest and fun ways to stay healthy and lose weight. It is ideal for people of all age group, who want to stay active and fit without much effort.
There are so many health benefits of Walking daily…
- Benefits to cardiovascular and pulmonary health (heart and lung) fitness
- reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
- stronger bones and improved balance
- increased muscle strength and endurance
- reduced body fat
- Mental Health
- Stress Buster
In short, it has many advantages, and is good for your overall Health and fitness levels. You can do Walking exercise anywhere you like – At Home, at Office, while going to work, Or in the park.
As long as you are putting in some time for doing walking exercise, you will certainly have a benefit. If you can try and make a regular schedule, then there can be enormous health benefits of walking every day for 30 minutes. It further helps to improve stamina and fitness levels — You also have clear benefits of walking exercise in the morning, as you breathe in the fresh morning air, amid peaceful surroundings.
Simple ways to incorporate more movement…make walking a part of your routine
Some suggestions to build walking into your daily routine include:
- Get Appy, Download some fitness apps
- Track your steps! Invest in a wearable activity device
- Take the stairs instead of the lift (for at least part of the way).
- Go Green – Get off public transport one stop earlier and walk to work or home.
- Walk part of your commute
- Invite a friend, spouse or child for a walk
- Join the local park walks and runs!